Halcyon Explorer 9 / 21W HID Torch
The Halcyon Explorer 9/21W HID Torch is an excellent all round diving light, an immense amount of light with a tight, focused beam and a burn time that should last all weekend. The Halcyon Explorer 9ah battery pack has enough juice to power the 21W lighthead for a total of 4 hours, which is a good burn time for most diving weekends, it is also a comfortable burntime for longer technical dives. Currently HID Lighting is the best option if you are looking for a tight narrow beam that can be used for signalling effectively, the distance the beam can travel even in fairly turbid water makes communicating with a buddy very simple. The Halcyon Reflector can be moved in relation to the bulb to focus the beam between a tight spot for signalling and a diffuse, even spread for illuminating larger areas or for video work.
The Halcyon Explorer 9 / 21W HID Torch is made from only the highest quality materials, most of the components are manufactured from solid blocks of delrin. Delrin is an excellent material for making dive lights as it is completely impervious to water meaning that it wont swell of bulge, it is also extremely strong while slightly flexible to help resist impact damage. The lid of the torch is completely sealed, if the cord becomes cut then water cannot enter the battery canister and if the canister floods water cannot wick up the cable to the lighthead. The Halcyon Explorer 9ah / 21w Torch can be ordered with an E/O cord fitted which allows other light heads or accessories such as a heated vest to be powered by the battery pack.
Find out more about the Halcyon Difference.
Halcyon Explorer 9/21W HID Torch Key Features
- Industry-first sealed, watertight, delrin lid design completely isolates battery compartment from cord and light head
- 4 Hours Burn time
- Solid delrin canisters are longer to ease the stowing of the long hose; watertrap in bottom of canister and raised battery tray provide additional protection for the battery pack
- Battery and lid connect with corrosion-resistant, solid-core, gold-plated plugs
- Gold-plated plugs are O-ring sealed to ensure leak-proof lid
- Secure battery tray with Stainless Steel rods for additional protection
- Water-trap canister may prevent battery damage due to small leaks from a dirty O-ring
- Unique captured, Halcyon Blue, silicon switch boot and O-ring with redesigned ergonomic Delrin switch protector
- Dual-voltage 4-amp charger with built-in cooling fan
- NiMH batteries
- Lifetime canister warranty
- Depth rated to 300 ft / 90 m
- Color temperature: 7000K. 1450 lumens.
- 2.95” OD / 11.63” L (7.5 cm OD / 29.5 cm L)
Weight: 5.76 lb (2.6 kg)
Buoyancy: -2.8 lb (-1.3 kg)
|Weight in Kg||2.6000|