The Halcyon Streamlined and Balanced Pee Valve enables good hydration
Poor hydration levels are very bad for decompression, and are responsible for many of the incidents that occur. The Halcyon P-Valves solves this problem by enabling the diver to drink as much water as he needs without the worry of getting caught short during a dive.
Absolutely essential for long decompression, with one of these on your drysuit you’ll never spend a decompression stop with your legs crossed again. The full P-valve kit includes all the items needed to fit this onto your own drysuit: P-valve with hose, installation/owners manual, adhesive, one catheter, a 2-oz. cleaning bottle, a wrench, and sandpaper. It is a simple job that takes approximately 1 hour to complete, but care should be taken so as to avoid unnecessary damage to your drysuit.
There are a number of P-valves available on the market, however we would strongly recommend the Halcyon unit as it has been proven to work effectively over thousands of dives. There is nothing worse than a failed, leeking valve during a long decompression, and you can trust the unit that was designed to work for Jarrod Jablonski on his record breaking cave dives of up to 30 hours long and 120m deep.
Key Features of the Streamlined P-Valve
- Unique cover allows easy operation, even with gloves
- Sleek design eliminates bulky connections
- Balance valve is incorporated into a solid Delrin body, eliminating the risk of infection from surrounding water
- Valves chosen to provide minimal backpressure, increasing comfort for female and male divers
This device is suitable for both male and female divers. Condom catheters or She-P silicon cups can be sourced cheapily from a number of online medical suppliers.
The P-valve hose should be cleaned with fresh water after each use and it is certainly not recommended to skip this part of kit care.
|Weight in Kg||1.0000|
- Outstanding piece of kitReview by Nemo
- No nonsense, leak free and good flow. The best P Valve on the market. (Posted on 31/10/2015)