Move up and experience real adventure with the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course. As you step beyond the PADI Open Water Diver level, increasing your Depth certification from 18m to upto 30m opening up a whole new level of diving to be explored.
What is the Advanced Open Water Course?
Made up of 5 dives, the Advanced Open Water Course enhances your overall skills by giving you a chance to explore new areas of diving which spark your interest whilst being guided and taught the techniques by a PADI Professional. To Achieved Advaned Open Water two of the dives successfully completed must be the Underwater Navigator Dive and the Deep Dive.
- Deep Diver - on this dive you will learn about the physiological effects and challengers that are faced when diving deeper
- Underwater Navigator - this dive will fine tune your compass skills as well as using natural land marks, time and distance measuring tools readily available to us when diving such as kick cycles or air usage
Elective Dives Available;
- Boat Diver
- Aware Fish ID
- Digital Underwater Photographer
- Drift Diver
- Enriched Air Diver
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Search and Recovery Diver
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Photographer
- Underwater Videographer
- Wreck Diver
This course can be achieved in 2 days or can be spread out to a tailored schedule with Adventure Dive Tuesdays!
Choose Aquanauts for your course because:
- We are the only National Geographic, Instructor Development, 5 Star PADI Dive Centre, and the only official GUE facility in Devon or Cornwall, making us the highest rated dive centre in the area.
- Join our dive club after you pass and receive free equipment hire when you dive with us and free air whenever you want - making diving an affordable hobby.
- Our club dive boats are just £15.
- Free guiding on Monday evening open water boats so that you can gain confidence quickly.
- Friendly, very active dive club that dives all year, in Plymouth, around the UK, and abroad. We also have marine conservation, nautical archaeological, and shipwreck diving groups that you can join, and a large membership base that welcomes new members and will buddy up with new people.
- Our courses are completely flexible, weekends, evenings or weekdays, we will fit around you.
- Receive a full crew pack and theory manual.
- We have our own private, heated, training pool facilities - so we don't have to rush you through your training.
- Our safety equipment is first class, we are the only boat that carries multiple GPS and VHF radios, Radar, Night Search Lights, Night Navigation Equipment, Full Diver Emergency Facilities, First Aid Kits, Oxygen and an Automated External Defibrillator.
- We are open and staffed 7 days per week, year round.
- Our shop and online shop is one of the cheapest for equipment in the country and we operate a UK price guarantee - we cannot be beaten on price and if you see something for sale anywhere in the UK cheaper, we'll match it and you still get our excellent local service and free help putting it all together.
To take this course you must be a PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization) and at least 12 years old.
Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course
Standard We will send you your manuals, DVDs and materials. You must complete all the knowledge reviews in your own time and watch the DVD. You then attend the centre for 5 dives over 2 days.
E-Learning All the theory is taught through PADI's e-learning portal. Once this is complete you attend the centre for the 5 dives over 2 days. We will send you the online pack, and your logon for the PADI portal. You will have access to an electronic manual but you may purchase a hardcopy manual as well if you want.
Drysuit Option If you add this option, you will also receive a drysuit training session in our pool and be given a suit to use during your course. We will call you to arrange a pool training session prior to your course date.
Dates Please have a look at our course dates here for courses that are already set up, if you wish to book further ahead or if there are 2 or more in your group please mail us with your available days in the comments field when you buy and we will contact you to arrange.
You can either pay for the course in full or you may pay an initial deposit of £150 to receive your learning materials with the balance due 2 weeks before your course start date. Once you have paid one of our instructors will contact you to discuss the course in full, answer any questions and confirm your dates.
- Price includes all the equipment hire, necessary materials, gas and boat fees
|Weight in Kg||1.0000|