Move up and experience real adventure with the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course. As you step beyond the PADI Open Water Diver level, you make five dives and have the opportunity to try some of diving’s most rewarding and useful specialty activities, such as deep diving, digital underwater photography, wreck diving and much more. These skills make diving much more than underwater sightseeing. Plus you'll gain confidence and see what UK diving really has to offer the serious diver.
Choose Aquanauts for your course because:
- We are the only National Geographic, Instructor Development, 5 Star PADI Dive Centre, and the only official GUE facility in Devon or Cornwall, making us the highest rated dive centre in the area.
- Join our dive club after you pass and receive free equipment hire when you dive with us and free air whenever you want - making diving an affordable hobby.
- Our club dive boats are just £15.
- Free guiding on Monday evening open water boats so that you can gain confidence quickly.
- Friendly, very active dive club that dives all year, in Plymouth, around the UK, and abroad. We also have marine conservation, nautical archaeological, and shipwreck diving groups that you can join, and a large membership base that welcomes new members and will buddy up with new people.
- Our courses are completely flexible, weekends, evenings or weekdays, we will fit around you.
- Receive a full crew pack and theory manual.
- We have our own private, heated, training pool facilities - so we don't have to rush you through your training.
- Our safety equipment is first class, we are the only boat that carries multiple GPS and VHF radios, Radar, Night Search Lights, Night Navigation Equipment, Full Diver Emergency Facilities, First Aid Kits, Oxygen and an Automated External Defibrillator.
- We are open and staffed 7 days per week, year round.
- Our shop and online shop is one of the cheapest for equipment in the country and we operate a UK price guarantee - we cannot be beaten on price and if you see something for sale anywhere in the UK cheaper, we'll match it and you still get our excellent local service and free help putting it all together.
With your PADI Instructor you complete the deep and underwater navigation Adventure Dives. These dives boost your confidence as you build these foundational skills. Then, you choose three additional dives from more than 15 Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can go diving at night, check out the local wrecks in the area (Plymouth has more per mile than almost anywehere else in the world) or even learn to use a drysuit (small extra charge) so that you can start gaining the skills to dive all year round.
To take this course you must be a PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization) and at least 12 years old.
Number of dives: 5
Adventure Dive options include altitude diving, fish identification, boat diving, deep diving, drift diving, dry suit diving (small extra charge), multilevel and computer diving, night diving, peak performance buoyancy, search and recovery, underwater nature study, underwater navigation, underwater photography, underwater videography and wreck diving
Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course
Standard We will send you your manuals, DVDs and materials. You must complete all the knowledge reviews in your own time and watch the DVD. You then attend the centre for 5 dives over 2 days.
E-Learning All the theory is taught through PADI's e-learning portal. Once this is complete you attend the centre for the 5 dives over 2 days. We will send you the online pack, and your logon for the PADI portal. You will have access to an electronic manual but you may purchase a hardcopy manual as well if you want.
Drysuit Option If you add this option, you will also receive a drysuit training session in our pool and be given a suit to use during your course. We will call you to arrange a pool training session prior to your course date.
Dates Please have a look at our course dates here for courses that are already set up, if you wish to book further ahead or if there are 2 or more in your group please mail us with your available days in the comments field when you buy and we will contact you to arrange.
You can either pay for the course in full or you may pay an initial deposit of £150 to receive your learning materials with the balance due 2 weeks before your course start date. Once you have paid one of our instructors will contact you to discuss the course in full, answer any questions and confirm your dates.
- Price includes all the equipment hire, necessary materials, gas and boat fees
|Weight in Kg||1.0000|