The PADI Open Water course is your introduction into the diving world. The course usually takes 4 days to complete and here at Aquanauts, we will fit the course in around you. The PADI Open Water course certifies you to dive to a depth of 18m all around the world and is the ideal introduction not just to a sport, but to a whole new way of life.
Why Choose Aquanauts for your Course?
- We are the only PADI 5 Star Inctructor Development Centre, National Geographic Centre and the only official GUE facility in Devon or Cornwall, making us the highest rated dive centre in the area.
- Join our dive club after you pass and receive free equipment hire when you dive with us and free air whenever you want - making diving an affordable hobby.
- Our club dive boats are just £15.
- Free guiding on Monday evening open water boats so that you can gain confidence quickly.
- Friendly, very active dive club that dives all year, in Plymouth, around the UK, and abroad. We also have marine conservation, nautical archaeological, and shipwreck diving groups that you can join, and a large membership base that welcomes new members and will buddy up with new people.
- Our courses are completely flexible, weekends, evenings or weekdays, we will fit around you.
- Receive a full crew pack, theory manual, and all PADI DVDs.
- We have our own private, heated, training pool facilities - so we don't have to rush you through your training.
- Final qualifying dives are completed from a very large, comfortable hardboat (the most modern in Plymouth), with a rear diver lift to make getting in and out while wearing equipment very easy. We also supply tea, coffee or hot chocolate throughout your day.
- Our safety equipment is first class, we are the only boat that carries multiple GPS and VHF radios, Radar, Night Search Lights, Night Navigation Equipment, Full Diver Emergency Facilities, First Aid Kits, Oxygen and an Automated External Defibrillator.
- We are open and staffed 7 days per week, year round.
- Our shop and online shop is one of the cheapest for equipment in the country and we operate a UK price guarantee - we cannot be beaten on price and if you see something for sale anywhere in the UK cheaper, we'll match it and you still get our excellent local service and free help putting it all together.
Our courses can be run to suit you but typically they follow this outline whether it's over 2 weekends, all in a row, or days here and there:
Day 1: Course introduction; Meet the team! Then knowledge development and pool training
Day 2: We all head up to the pool to complete pool training
Day 3: Two shore dives to build confidence
Day 4: Two shore dives to complete the course
Dates Please have a look at our course dates here for courses that are already set up, or if you wish to book further ahead or if there are 2 or more in your group please mail us with your available days in the comments field when you buy and we will contact you to arrange.
You don't need to bring anything except yourself, some lunch and a sense of adventure. As part of the standard course you are given an Open Water crew pack which includes all your training materials, logbook, manuals, DVDs and dive planner. Also included in the materials is an Aquanauts voucher pack which you can use to help progress you diving in an affordable way. Grab yourself some good deals on start up equipment packages and good value boat dives.
When you complete the course we will offer you the chance to get your diving started with a free guided dive with one of our Divemasters or Instructors inclusive of all kit hire. The fantastic opportunity to experiance a dive without having to concentrate on skills and drills and actually interact and be immersed in the underwater environment under the safety of a dive professional. Once completed your course you will be given a temporary card valid for 90 days while your main certification card is produced by PADI. With these you may go on dive trips, rent equipment and take advantage of the many opportunities available ONLY to trained divers. You are now in for a real thrill. Your diving horizons are widely open for traveling to exotic places. In more than 175 countries you will find PADI centers and meet new friends who are PADI divers.
For the course, we will send you your manuals, DVDs and materials. You must complete all the knowledge reviews in your own time and watch all the DVDs. You then attend the centre for 4 days as above.
You can either pay for the course in full or you may pay an initial deposit of £150 to receive your learning materials with the balance due 2 weeks before your course start date.
When you pay we will send you all your materials. We will also arrange for one of our instructors to call you to discuss the course in full and arrange the dates that you will be attending the centre.
- Price includes all the equipment hire, necessary materials, gas and boat fees
|Weight in Kg||1.0000|
- Passing the PADI OWReview by Al
- Had a superb weekend on the open water dives. Great weather, ideal locations, and superb instruction. Looking forward to the AOW next month, if I remember to book it in time. (Posted on 21/07/2014)
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: £50.90
Special Price: £43.00
Regular Price: £220.00
Special Price: £179.00
Regular Price: £50.00
Special Price: £42.50