The Divemaster rating
is your first step to becoming a dive professional.
see why Aquanauts can give the BEST education to you:
First of all as a National Geographic, 5 Star Instructor Development Centre we
are the highest rated centre in Devon and we have great experience in teaching leadership level
courses. Also we are the busiest centre so we can arrange your training to suit
During your practical application we do not ask you to do the minimum which
PADI standards require. You are treated as Aquanauts staff. This means that you
will be given several other skills to learn with this view in mind: "When
leaving our place you will have so much experience that may take several months
or years to be obtained in any other centre".
other tasks you will:
1. Learn how to fill tanks and gain knowledge in compressor use.
2. Learn how to use the Instructor Manual. This greatly helps in understanding
the PADI system and prepare you for your Instructor Course which is your next
3. You will be used as Instructional Assistant during Courses and Introduction
Dives. Here you will be familiar with student problems and deal with their
apprehensions and behavior. Working closely with our experienced and role model
Instructors you will become like them.
4. At Aquanauts we will let you dive for free on our boats when assisting other courses to get the required
5. In between training dives and other tasks we give you the chance to dive
with other certified divers and divemasters.
6. During your stay with us you may discuss the details of the Instructor
Course. You will know all the details for a successful IDC.
DETAILS OF TRAINING
1. You will do some swimming skills which are not so difficult. Reasonable
ability in swimming is acceptable.
2. You will brush up your Rescue abilities.
3. You will practice all the skills until you become a role model diver. Your
Instructor will show you what is expected and you will practice quite a lot.
1. Your Instructor will work and guide you to master the required theory. These
subjects include physiology, physics, tables, equipment. The required materials
and books are the Encyclopedia, Knowledge Workbook and the Divemaster Manual.
2. You may learn your theory either by reading at home, or by presentations
from your Instructor. At Aquanauts we apply both methods.
3. We will teach you subjects such as: Business of Diving, Legal Risks, The
Career of the Divemaster and similar career related topics.