Scubapro X-TEK PURE TEK SYSTEM - Single or double chose from 30, 40 or 60lb lift.
A new DIR wing from Scubapro. Simple, robust, and built to last with top quality materials and Scubapro's worldwide backup.
Our Opinion (Brian Allen):
We like this wing in Aquanauts, and when our Chief Instructor, and Tech 1 diver's dive rite wing wore out he immediately replaced it with this.
- The donut design which makes it easy to control and very stable in the water.
- The big pull dump, although those purist GUE divers and those diving with stages may wish to remove the toggle on the end.
- The removable and repairable internal bladder
- The price, and the fact that you will never need to replace this as literally everything is repairable.
This makes an excellent alternative to other wings out there and this time you won't have to skimp on quality as you can be assured of a excellent product with Scubapro and a warranty and backup service second to none.
What scubapro say:
• Provides unprecedented buoyancy control regardless of diving position.
• 1680 DEN Ballistic Nylon outer shell
• 420 DEN Nylon inner bladder
• Tek Inflator with stainless steel buttons
• Available with 13, 18 or 27 kg lift capacity
|Weight in Kg||2.0000|
- Seems to last wellReview by Colin
I have been using the 40lbs (18kg) wing for a little over 3 years now. It matches up nicely with a pair of twin 12's or with my Poseidon MKVI. I have tried using it for single cylinder diving, but it's a little too big and flappy for that so I bought a dedicated single cylinder wing as well.
The inflator hose has an internal plastic line pinned to both ends. this prevents anyone from trying to use the inflator as a pull-dump and damaging the hose or yanking off the inflator.
The wing looks as good as new after 3 years and 400+ dives, can't ask for more than that. (Posted on 21/05/2016)