Earn 4750 Aqua Points when you buy this item!
The MTX-RC regulator set from APEKS - OWN your environment!
Featuring the same freeze-resistant technology enjoyed by the whole MTX-R range, the MTX-RC RAISES the game, and resists freeflows in even the coldest dive.
While offering the user the flexibility to dial it up for a comfortable breathe in less extreme environments.
Available in DIN or YOKE
THIS IS THE STAGE 3 SET - FIRST STAGE / SECOND STAGE / AND OCTOPUS WITH A MTX-RC REG BAG AND ALL HOSES INCLUDED
In a extreme cold environment, you need regulators that you can depend on. This is where the MTX-RC regulator set is in its element. Designed from the beginning to function flawlessly in water at temps of sub 10 degrees. It rally opens the whole world to diving, from just one set of regs.
With military grade engineering, freeze-resistant technology, and a full set of user controls to adjust the breathing. You dive, your way.
The MTX-RC truly resists freeflows in even the coldest temperatures
- Available in yoke or DIN configuration.
- Suitable for cold water use (below 10°C / 50°F)
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the overbalancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Front cover with over-moulded elastomer incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate improving durability of the second stage.
- Over-moulded innovative endcap and environmental diaphragm, a forged 1st stage body offering maximum thermal performance,
- The 5th 3/8” UNF medium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use.
- Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O² outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O² must use an M26 Connection. Second Stage
- High performance, pneumatically balanced, lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Double swivel hose
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- Venturi control.
- Breathing resistance control.
Weight: 1.0 kg
Very pleased. I looked long and hard for a suitable replacement for my Oceanic Delta 4. I was particularly impressed with the cold water abilities as winter dives can be close to freezing. Only used in 14C so far but very impressed. Nice flow control and they feel solid. Braided hoses are a nice touch and the angled HP port is perfect for my Suunto sender.
The ultimate test will be in 6 months time but I have every confidence they'll perform well.
And let's be honest, whilst looks aren't the important factor, they look splendid.
Brilliant service from Aquanauts. Can't fault them. So impressed I bought my better half a set of XL4+ the next day.
In my own research and taking lots of advice from divers, I decided on the Apeks MTX-RC. Being primarily a warm water (wetsuit) diver, I felt it about time I got more dives under my belt. As I live in the UK, I needed Regs that would stand up to cold water. On my bucket list is Silfra in Iceland...so chose these regs as the advice from experienced divers was "they're bullet proof...you can't go wrong"! Just finished a week's diving on a Liveaboard in the Red Sea...and found them to be extremely comfortable, brilliant air delivery and so look forward to taking them anywhere and everywhere!
Free shipping on orders over £50 to mainland UK
Next day shipping available, with a 1 hour delivery slot
No quibble 30 day returns
Aqua Points, earn 5 points for each £1 spent
Our email subscribers get notified first on our best sales, new releases and more...