Earn 2375 Aqua Points when you buy this item!
Fancy assisting on IDCs? Or Teaching AI's on your own? Or helping to teach on Instructor Specialities?
All of these things fall within the remit of the IDC Staff Instructor. You can help Course Directors on IDCs - traditionally IDC candidates will turn to you for help and advice. If you're working at a 5 Star or 5 Star IDC Centre you can teach AI courses independently.
Not only does being an IDCS increase your opportunities for work it is huge FUN! Seeing the other side of IDCs alone is fascinating and a bit of an eye-opener! Working on IDCs refreshes your skills, keeps you up to date and is unbelievably rewarding. Helping to teach and mentor new instructors is like no other course. You will stay in touch with your candidates for life and be involved in their development onwards and upwards!
Consists of an assessment phase where you will do Theory and Standards exams, a skill circuit in the pool, a Knowledge Development Presentation and a Pool presentation. We then go on the main part of the course where you learn evaluation techniques, scoring systems and how to critique. You then spend time refining your evaluation skills!
The course can be done with to without an actual IDC running as we can use videos to practice evaluations.
You will require the IDC Staff Instructor Crewpack which you can get by clicking here or looking below. This contains everything you need to teach instructor level courses.
IDC Staff Instructor Duties
• Independently teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors at dive centers or resorts that are at a minimum PADI Five Star Dive Centers or Resorts.
• Conduct IDC training segments while a PADI Course Director is present, in control and available on premises for consultation.
• Evaluate and critique instructor candidate knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations.
• Provide counselling and remedial training for instructor candidates and IDC Staff Instructor candidates.
• Assist with instructor-level continuing education programs, such as PADI Specialty Instructor Training courses.
• Observe the orientation and closing sessions of PADI Instructor Examination
Weight: 0.5 kg
Free shipping on orders over £50 to mainland UK
Next day shipping available, with a 1 hour delivery slot
No quibble 30 day returns
Aqua Points, earn 5 points for each £1 spent
Our email subscribers get notified first on our best sales, new releases and more...